Your security and privacy are important for us as on-line traders. All information we obtain are given by you in order for us to ensure that goods are supplied to you as efficiently as possible or in order to fullfil other expectations of yours with information supplied by the permission of you.
We, or trusted third parties acting on our behalf, may use your information in the following way:
- To ensure that the goods and services we offer to you are appropriate for your needs
- To respond to any query you may raise with us about our goods
- To update our systems for providing you with an enhanced service
We will also use information about you for purposes upon which the provision of our goods and services are not necessarily dependent. We may:
- disclose information about you to third party agencies for credit checking purposes (which information may be shared with other organisations for the same purpose)
- use information about you to inform you (by post email or telephone) about other services we offer or which are offered by other companies within our group or any of the other companies with which we work
- use information about your account with us for our internal customer service monitoring and training purposes
Please note that disclosures we may make may take place via electronic means and may involve the transfer of personal data relating to you to countries outside the european economic area which countries do not have in place adequate rules relating to data protection and privacy of personal data.
SALE OF OUR BUSINESS
You acknowledge that data you provide to us may be transferred to any person, firm or company to whom we sell the whole or a substantial part of our business or to whom we transfer any of our rights or obligations under a contract with you.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR DATA
- We will endeavour to keep any information which we hold about you up to date and accurate. To help us to do this, please keep us informed if any of your details change.
- We will endeavour to protect your data against unauthorised or unlawful use.
- We use secure socket layer technology (ssl). This means that when you place orders with us on our secure online ordering system, all of the information is encrypted or scrambled, so that the data you send is an unintelligible string of seemingly random characters. When these characters are received by our web server, the server's ssl software converts them back into useful information. The same thing happens with data you receive from our server. Your interactions are therefore private.